CLWB GARDDIO DREFACH FELINDRE

GARDENING CLUB

gallery/planting yp janet and rena
gallery/2019 club logo - final design approved

 

The school in the rural village of ‘Felindre’ is a Voluntary Aided Church in Wales School under the auspices of Carmarthenshire Education Authority. The pupils come from a wide catchment area which includes many villages - Cwmpengraig, Waungilwen, Cwmhiraeth, Penboyr, Drefelin and part of Pentrecagal and the surrounding rural areas, and for a variety of reasons.

 

There are 109 pupils on the school roll. The school was opened in 1866. According to the  ‘Trust Deed’ the school dates from 1869 and the reason for establishing the school initially was: ‘promoting the Education of the Poor in the principles of the Established Church..’ and we are proud that the school continues to do so and that our numbers as well as the standard of Church education have developed and improved since those early days. The school was extensively refurbished and reopened in 1991.

 

There are four classes in the school: nursery/reception class, years 1 and 2, years 3 and 4 and years 5 and 6.

 

Education of a high standard through the medium of Welsh is provided and English is introduced in year 3. This ensures that pupils are confident and completely bilingual and fully prepared for transfer to the secondary schools.

The school in the rural village of ‘Felindre’ is a Vouluntary Aided Church in Wales School under the auspices of Carmarthenshire Education Authority. The pupils come from a wide catchment area which includes many villages - Cwmpengraig, Waungilwen, Cwmhiraeth, Penboyr, Drefelin and part of Pentrecagal and the surrounding rural areas, and for a variety of reasons.

There are 109 pupils on the school roll. The school was opened in 1866. According to the  ‘Trust Deed’ the school dates from 1869 and the reason for establishing the school initially was: ‘promoting the Education of the Poor in the principles of the Established Church..’ and we are proud that the school continues to do so and that our numbers as well as the standard of Church education have developed and improved since those early days. The school was extensively refurbished and reopened in 1991.

There are four classes in the school: nursery/reception class, years 1 and 2, years 3 and 4 and years 5 and 6.

Education of a high standard through the medium of Welsh is provided and English is introduced in year 3. This ensures that pupils are confident and completely bilingual and fully prepared for transfer to the secondary schools.

PENBOYR SCHOOL

Our gardening club has close links with the local school and a group of children from the school designed our club logo

gallery/penboyr-logo
gallery/club logo - high res
gallery/100_0730 (3)