Low Sugar Bara Brith
225g mixed dried fruit
225ml brewed tea
42g caster sugar
200g self raising flour
1 small egg
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1. Place fruit and sugar in a bowl, pour the tea over (using 1 tea bag) and leave to soak overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 170/150 (fan) Gas 3
3. Grease a 450g loaf tin and line with parchment paper.
4. Add the flour, egg and mixed spice to the soaked fruit mixture, stir well and transfer to the loaf tin.
5. Bake in the middle of the oven for 70 minutes until risen and firm to the touch or until a skewer (inserted into the centre) comes out clean.
2016 Set Recipe
Please click on boxes below to open document
The President's Trophy for best exhibit of the day went to Ruth Smith for her beautiful cross stitch